GUIDELINES FOR A SAFE “RETURN TO PLAY”
February 2021 update
As we begin our Spring 2021 seasons, there have been several changes to our “Return to Play” Guidelines posted last summer. In addition, as FCPS works toward children returning to school for in person learning and our players begin to participate in outside sports (high school and other club sports), it is imperative COVID guidelines are understood and adhered to.
Return to Play following COVID 19 Infection - This guideline includes symptomatic and asymptomatic player or staff member with a confirmed case of COVID 19):
· Player/staff member cannot attend any BAC events (training or game) until 10 days have passed since positive COVID test result AND at least 48 hours have passed since symptoms (fever, cough, etc) have resolved without medication
Exposure to COVID 19 - This guideline is for asymptomatic player or staff member who has been exposed to an individual with suspected or diagnosed case of COVID 19):
· Any player or staff member who has been exposed to COVID 19 should quarantine and are not allowed to attend any BAC events (training or game) for 10 days OR for 7 days if the player/staff receives a negative COVID 19 PCR (nasal swab) test result on day 5 or later
· Exposure to COVID 19 as defined by the CDC:
o Individual who has had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) to person infected with COVID 19 including the two days before symptoms onset or positive test result.
Spectator Policy for all Home BAC fields:
· Per the Governor’s guidance in December 2020, 2 guests per player are allowed on a BAC field. Social distancing and masks are required with all in attendance.
· Masks on all players as they enter and exit field locations, while not participating in play (sitting on the bench) on the sidelines.
· Social distancing of person and belongings on sidelines
· Exit/Enter field quickly and in proper direction. No lingering on grassy areas or in the parking lots.
· Complete Daily Health screening in Teamsnap app
· Communicate immediately with Coach or BAC administrators regarding COVID 19 questions
Vaccinated Adult Coaching Staff or Volunteers:
· Per CDC guidelines on February 10, 2021 - vaccinated persons (Moderna or Pfizer vaccines) with an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are NOT required to quarantine, if they meet all of the following criteria:
o Are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine)
o Are within 3 months following receipt of the last dose in the series
o Have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure